You need first-rate ideas–and the ability to direct a copywriter–when it comes to creating winning marketing copy.
To do this well, however, you will first have to master a few key marketing competencies.
In his book, Ready, Fire, Aim: Zero to $100 Million in No Time Flat (Agora Series), Michael Masterson says “Four Competencies” go into producing good marketing copy. They include knowing:
- The difference between a feature and benefit,
- What a need and a want is,
- How to create a unique selling proposition, and
- How to sell the unique selling proposition for your product or service.
Several advantages will result from learning these above objectives:
- You’ll have an idea about what your customer wants from your product or service.
- You’ll be able to communicate knowledgeably with your copywriter, since you’ll know how to state what you’re trying to achieve.
- You’ll know how successful marketing and advertisement is made.
So begin mastering the “Four Competencies” I have mentioned to you. Then, rest assured knowing that you understand what it takes to compose successful marketing.
To your mastery,